affert's assorted observations

i'm affert. this is my blog.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Well, welcome to the new year!
Most of my friends are currently without power, due to the large ice-storm in Indiana. My grandparents in Ohio also don't have power. We [obviously] have power up here in Michigan, and I don't know how widespread the problems are. They were esitmating that it wouldn't be until this coming weekend that power was restored.
On a happier note, I finished the first part of painting my room today, and will be doing the rest tomorrow. Last night, my parents and I had a time where we sat down and talked about goals in my life, and expectations that we each had. It was a very good and encouraging time. I feel very good about where I'm headed, even though I still don't really know where that is...
Dad has very much put me in charge of the painting project, asking me "What do you do next?" instead telling me what to do. It was just what I needed to break out of the listlessness (that's a fun word) that I'd fallen into.
The immediate future, I'm going to living at home, doing housework (my mom is working as a teacher), and getting ready for whatever is the next step for me. The last 3 or so weeks since I finished at Taylor have been wonderful. I feel much more at peace with myself, and confident in my ability to accomplish things. I've been able to set and meet goals, which is very good.
Anyway, like always, I'm going to head to bed after writing this.
~affert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home