affert's assorted observations

i'm affert. this is my blog.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

So I'm an idiot. Again

The Sears website lets you order something online and have it sent to the nearest store to pick up. They don't charge any shipping for this, which is nice. I had to buy a power drill for winding coils to make chainmail, and I like Craftsman, so I got one from Sears. It arrived the other day, so I biked down to Sears yesterday. I got there at approximatly the same time as this other girl. I really wasn't paying any attention (I was busy looking to see where the merchandise pick up counter was), and I followed her through the revolving door. In the same quarter as her. But I didn't want to accidently kick her so I stayed back to give her enough room to walk. This resulted in me getting caught between the door and the door jam. I felt pretty dumb, but chalked it into the "I'll never see her again" catagory, and didn't feel to embarassed.

Today, I spent most of the day sorting and filling envalopes. It was boring, but needed to get done. The police had stopped some people outside our office this afternoon. They were checking their car for something, but let them go after a while. We were never sure what the deal was. They had a couple really cute puppies in their back seat, that my two co-workers who were around at the time pointed out. The day made me appreciate computers, though. Some of what we were doing could have been done much quicker in a computer, although by the time we were doing it, typing everything back into the comptuer would have taken too long as well. Makes me even more firmly believe what my comp sci Profs at Taylor taught about a little planning ahead of time makes much less work in the long run.

Anyway, I need to get my laundry into the dryer. I hope you are all well.

Oh, my ankle is doing fairly well. It won't be completely better for a while, but I'm back to all normal activities.

~affert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home