affert's assorted observations

i'm affert. this is my blog.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Lonely

Well, this past thursday, I drove Ann to the airport for her semester in Spain. The trip went ok, but I miss her...

She'd been here since Sunday. We had a wonderful time together. On Tuesday, we drove into Chicago. She'd given me a trip to a science museum together last Christmas and we'd not found time to do it. We went to the Science and Industry museum. It was a lot of fun. Afterward, we visited a few friends in the area, and then went and saw Phantom of the Opera. It was really good! I liked the live-stage version a little better, because it's hard to beat a live performance, but it was still very good. The drive home was very snowy, but we got home safely. The other days, we just hung around the house.

We've had a lot of time together as a family the last couple days. Friday, there wasn't school for either Peter or my Mom. We hung around for the afternoon. Peter went to see Phantom of the Opera with some of his friends. Mom and I went to JoAnn fabric to get supplies for painting the border on my room. Dad got home resonably early on Friday. We made some puzzles, ate dinner and played cards. Dad Peter and I played 11 games of triple solitare. That just wasn't my night: I didn't win any games. But we all had fun. And I went to bed early :).

Today, I set up my computer in my bedroom, and tried out the stencils I got for the room border. Peter spend the day with Heidi and her family, cross country skiing. Mom, Dad, and I watched the original Flight of the Pheonix. It wasn't terrible, but I still wouldn't recomend it to anyone. The story outline was pretty cool, but most of the movie was characters arguing with each other. I'd like to see the new version sometime, once it comes out on video.

Well, goodnight world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home