affert's assorted observations

i'm affert. this is my blog.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Emmaus Broadcast, High School Band, and South Korea

Focus on the Family did a broadcast about Emmaus Ministries this past weekend. It is a much better description about what we do here that I've ever gotten around to including in my blog. Here is a link to their website archive. It goes back a month. The title is "Serving the Least of These" (parts 1 and 2) on the 3rd and 4th of November. You should all check it out.

On an unrelated note, this past Saturday was the MCBA (Michigan Competing Bands' Association) state final competition. Ann and I went for the weekend to go. It was a lot of fun! Lakeshore (where I went and my brother goes) got 3rd place. The way it works is that the top 10 bands from each flight get invited to the State Competition. The point difference between them and the band placing first was 1.2 points. The difference between them and that band placing right behind them was about 7 points. All that to say, it was really close. I'm pretty convinced that the marching that they were doing at the end of the show was the best and cleanest marching that Lakeshore has ever done. It was amazing. Also, our football team won, so we advance the next step into the playoffs.

Also this weekend, we got to talk with my other brother who is doing his student teaching in South Korea. He's been over there for a couple weeks at this point. He's doing well and really loving it. He likes the teacher he is under and is getting to know the students. I could keep talking, but it would be more effective to just link to his blog and let him tell you.

And as so often is the case, I'm off to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home